A faucet is a plumbing device that is open to the surface fitted on a pipe to control the outlet of liquid or water from the pipe through the opening and closing of a controller. When this plumbing fitting is faulty or spoilt, it is usually advisable to repair or to replace the whole faucet. There are four commonly known designs for faucets which are, the ball faucet (commonly seen in kitchens. It is controlled by a ball inside the faucet that controls the opening and closing of the faucet), disc faucet, cartridge faucet, and the compression washer faucet that is the oldest type of design. Miami 24/7 Plumbing is a professional plumbing company that deals with all kinds of faucets faults or problems and houses the best plumbers with decades of experiences to deal with any of your plumbing faults.
Problems that can lead to faucet replacement
- Damaged Faucet Components: A faucet comprises of many parts such as O-rings, seals, and washers. If any of these parts are faulty, it can cause the whole faucet to be replaced. If there is a steady leak, then the washer may be faulty. Seals of compression faucets get worn out with time. These parts can be changed but when the whole faucet cartridge is broken, then is advisable to change the whole faucet.
- Corroded Valve Seat: Valve seats connect the faucet and the spout as part of the compression process. Over time, the seat can get corroded due to water settlement on the valve seat. If a check is not carried out in due time, the corrosion will continue to spread until the whole faucets will need to be replaced.
- Worn-out washers: This is properly one of the most causes of leakages in faucets. When the washer of a faucet is worn out or not installed properly, it can lead to leakages. The washers of a faucet need to be replaced when it is found out that it is faulty. Using the wrong washer also leads to leakages.
- Water pressure: When the pressure in a pipe is too high, it generates a force that will impact a faucet and cause leakages or even damages to the whole faucet cartridge. If the pressure is not rectified, over time, it can lead to damages to other plumbing fittings also and leads to extra utility bills been generated.
- Broken faucets cartridge: This is the whole body of the faucet, when it is broken, it is advisable to change the whole faucet. The damage may be caused by high water pressure, time, or external force.
Some of these problems may be fixed without the replacement of the whole faucet by a professional plumber from Miami 24/7 Plumbing
services, but when there are leakages even after constant repairs, when the surface sink or surface is damaged, when the faucet is already old or rusty and when the water passed out of a faucet is contaminated, then it is advisable to replace the whole faucet. If any of the following problems above are noticed or seen, then turn off your main supply and contact Miami 24/7 Plumbing service to have your faucet fixed or replaced.